Friday, October 22, 2010

Quick post

I'm quite busy at the moment, so instead of a real post you get a partial site redesign, a background and a bunch of links :)

Here's your background:

I'd also like to send a shout-out to my boet J. It's awesome to have you in Joburg bru.

In the news:

The new face of warfare, Cyber attacks - a positively scary article about politically motivated cyber attacks

Space-Ship Two has a successful test flight - great news for the space tourism industry

What makes people play farmville - even though I used to play it, I still didn't know... but this article does make a lot of sense.

China Scouts Moon Landing Sites - if they don't find American footprints up there, then I'll believe all you people who say the original moon-landing was a hoax... not before.

Google's autonomous car drives through city - and they didn't even tell anyone... but it worked... woot! 

Suing the CIA - Don't know if I'd have the balls, but an IT firm is suing the CIA over the software used to run the Predator Drones.

Global commitment to space docking standards - I hadn't thought about this... but in hind-sight it's crazy that it took them so long.

Japanese digital pop-rock signer does live shows as a 3d hologram - only the Japanese would do something this cool.

NASA confirms water, gold and other elements on the moon - and while mining might not be cost efficient at the moment, this will at some point make it viable for us to have a real colony there... awesome.

Thanks for stopping past. I hope you enjoyed it.
-Odd

"Only Robinson Crusoe had everything done by Friday."

9 comments:

  1. have you seen the template options in blogger?

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol... thats what this is... I'll have to play around with it a lot more... but it seems quite a powerful tool.

    You're a commenting ninja, dude... I only just posted this.

    Thanks muchly ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never underestimate the power of the ninja ^_^

    I am not actually that good at commenting on blogs, but I'm trying to make it a better habit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do pretty well on mine ^^ which I appreciate.

    What do you think of the new design? I think the graphic on the left is a little bright... will have to redo it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know...
    it is bright, but if it was dimer you might not be able to see much detail in the little pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. shot :) ... and I was thinking that the borders where a little bright... but I'll leave it for a bit... too lazy to redo them now anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see what you mean.
    What if they were the same colour as the top of the ODD in the header?

    ReplyDelete
  8. ya, thats what I was thinking.... I'm sure I'll get 'round to it.... eventually

    ReplyDelete