Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Lead SA

702, along with all their sister and parent companies, have started a new program. I think this is a great idea - it's supposed to foster a new social paradigm in SA, and that is something that we desperately need.

How is it that tiny countries like Taiwan, Japan or Israel can be such political and economic giants? It's all down to attitude... and that attitude has to develop from the ground up. No government can instill a culture of hard work and ethical attitude in it's population, especially not ours, but it can work in reverse. If we can cultivate this culture, it will force the government to act in the same way.

So what are you doing to Lead SA? It doesn't have to be big... little changes can make a difference. For instance: I'm no longer throwing my cigarette butts out the window of my car... It might not seem like much, but if everyone followed suit, there would be little or no rubbish on South African streets.

I'll let you know what else I come up with as I come up with it... but please, drop me a message with your ideas, and support this project! It's your country too!

In The News:

Microsoft's new "game" Milo - a digitised little kid who reacts to your actions and speech through Kinect... very cool tech... but not much of a game.

New Chinese Rule Requires Real Name Online - if implimented world wide - this would kill all Internet trolls... so even though China is the evil empire of our time.... is this a bad thing?

Company Builds Fast Charging Station For Electric Cars - One more thing making the technology practical.

Willow Garage Robot Fetches Beer - I need one of these... and I'm sure most of you do too.

Rats Breath Air From Lungs Grown In Lab - So I can keep smoking and they can replace my lungs when they get tarred up? Awesome.

Catch you all next week
-Odd

What's the point of havin' a rapier wit if I can't use it to stab people?
           - Jeph Jacques

2 comments:

  1. A quick thing to look at would be http://www.recyclingday-sa.co.za/

    17 September is National Recycling day, which is something we can all start with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea, Jono!

    Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete