Monday, May 24, 2010

Busy times...

Yes, I know that I didn't post the tutorial as  promised last week... I'm sure you're all massively disappointed. ^^ I've been working on getting the Forms Based Authentication working... and it's being difficult... so that will wait until I do get it working.

It's going to be a hectic week... but I'm not going to bore you with the details - this post is just a news reel, with maybe another post later in the week (see? I'm learning not to make promises I can't keep ^^)

In the news:

Matter-Antimatter Bias Seen In Fermilab Collisions - results from particle collision experiments are showing that there is a small but significant difference in the type of matter created in these experiments. Now scientists need to figure out why there's more matter than anti-matter being created... all our current theories suggest they should be in perfectly equal amounts.

AMD eyefinity 6 screen setup - so cool!!! I don't care if it's got issues... i want one!

Chinese Digital Warfare - Cool article, scary, scary, scary stuff...

Military Appoints General To Direct Cyber Warfare - ... and the Yanks agree, finally stepping up their commitment to online battles.

Beaming Laser Power - an emerging technology that is essential to the further growth of the technological human race.

Agni II Launched with success in India - India's got long range, nuclear capable missiles now... oh joy.

NASA Finds Cause of Voyager 2 Glitch - they finally worked out why the little robot went buggy... and no, it wasn't the Martian teenagers screwing with us.


Scientists Implant Biofuel Cells Into Rats - living batteries... soon you'll be able to charge your cell phone by plugging it into your ear ^^


Toyota Robot Violinist Wows At Shanghai Expo - how awesome is this?!?! watch the video.

Copernicus Reburied As Hero - I guess the church is improving...

And there you have it. I hope you're still finding this blog entertaining. Please feel free to leave a comment, and tell your friends.

-Odd
"The danger of the past was that men became slaves. The danger of the future is that man may become robots"
-Erich Fromm

No comments:

Post a Comment