Friday, March 19, 2010

It's been a busy time...

Hi All,

It's been a pretty hectic month, and a busy week for me... which is the excuse I'm giving to explain why this update is only happening on Friday ^^.

I don't really have any super-cool tech ideas to share with you this week, so I'll just clue you in on what's happening in my life: My gorgeous girlfriend is leaving me in Joberg and going on a two week holiday in Egypt with her family... awesome for her, lonely for me... so what have I got planned? You might think i'm off to a frenzied round of poker games, strip shows and all night parties.... if you didn't know me.

I've got two goals for the upcoming weeks: 
1 - hit 5000 GearScore for my W.O.W. character, Adaephon (if this doesn't make sense to you, you don't want to know)
2 - finnish my super awesome, modular, multi-level gaming board for Necromunda. When I'm done I'll be posting lots of pics and a full tutorial... it's going to be epic ^^

So thats the plan... along with working (really hard), studying, blogging and (of course) missing my lady. Lame? maybe... but I enjoy it.

In the News:

SETI is 50 Years Old: No Sign of ET - the Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence has been drawing a blank for 50 years.... but they've got some new plans.

From Ian: The Bedazzler - how to replicate a multi-million dollar US weapon program on the cheap

The State of Robotic Surgery - happening more often than you'd think.

Scottish Wave Energy Plans Move Forward - a big step towards large scale green energy production

The Geek's Guide To Getting Girls - finally, they've come up with a manual... RTFM!

Invisibility Cloak - they're getting VERY close to a complete, working, production ready version.

And there you have it... it might not have been much of a post, and it might be late in the week... but it's here, and it's on time (mostly)....

-Odd

"Only Robinson Crusoe had everything done by Friday"

2 comments:

  1. I think that that is a great way to spend the next two weeks... under the circumstances. ;)

    ReplyDelete